Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crazy days..... and Othello!

Do you know how to play Othello? Great game. A game of strategy, skill and focus and a guaranteed self-esteem booster when you continue to play it day after day with a ding-dong like me. I do believe I have won one game in about fifty..... but that's beside the point.

Sometimes we like to start off the school day with a quick game just to start the day on a good note. Other days we turn to a game of Othello when things go downhill. Either way, it's always fun, and lightens the mood....while working on focus, strategy and other thinking skills. Sneaky, I know.

Yesterday we were in the middle of a heated game of Othello, I turned away to get my camera, and when I turned back around....



In answer to your question, yes, the dog is up on my dining room table. No, she does not know how to play the game, but given enough time and a brief tutorial I am quite sure she would be the house champion.

I have no idea how she got up on the table, but I do know that chaos ensued shortly thereafter. Ever seen an over-excited 9 year old Jack Russell Terrier romping around on a dining room table like it was the most exciting thing that has happened to her all year? It was quite a sight. After that, we didn't get much school work done. What can I say. It was one of those days.

mfortson choc lovers-0333 w borders

1 comment: