Sunday, September 26, 2010

If only things were that easy....




5 weeks down and 2 weeks behind..... hmmmmmmm... something doesn't seem quite right with that scenario.

We are experiencing many, many, hurdles and difficulties, but are pushing through them for the moment. I am doing my very best to maintain a positive attitude and a smile on my face. Failing on many days, unfortunately, but trying. Some days it seems an almost insurmountable task.

Last week we bought an 'Easy Button' for our school room. By far, the best purchase I've made all month. It's good for a smile, laugh, or at the very least it takes a little of the pressure off of a situation with a wierd look. A priceless reminder that perhaps we shouldn't take everything so seriously.

As with anything, this is a constant learning process. Without a doubt the hardest thing that I've ever done. I read something tonight in a book.... 'If you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough'. We seem to be floundering and perhaps even failing, but we're giving it our best effort all around, without a doubt. It's been a huge strain as well as very draining for both of us.

We shall prevail. I keep telling myself, 'This too shall pass, everything does...' Right when I feel like I don't know how to possibly continue any further with this venture, I get an idea. A little tiny idea, but an idea all the same. I know that someone is watching out for us, and that's all that matters. Keep those ideas comin' please...

1 comment:

  1. Sam. I want you to know how much I admire you. I know that we both homeschool our kids and of course, it's not an easy task for anyone. But you, I hardly have the words to say how it warms my heart to see your commitment and constant effort to give your boy the very best. He is very blessed to have you as his Mom and I know you are blessed to have him as your son. Keep up the good work my friend! That EASY button is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete